View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 12.04:11   #59-0 (permalink)
Outertowner
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS - Im a Stander
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREXHAM TID View Post
Board are damed if they show up “look at arrogance appointing a manager fans didn’t want”

Damed if they don’t show up “board couldn’t even face the fans” “bet they couldn’t get time off work”

People wanted a football man to appoint the manager so Dixie led the process and not Spencer.

People wanted a full time assistant manager (rightly so) we get Andy Davies back and people are fuming.

I don’t agree with the board decisions over the last 12 months but they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t.
Posted via mobile theme
Fair point, the board were never going to come out good in all this. First for the cockups in the past 10months and for then appointing an unpopular manager. I think they stayed away to keep the focus just on deans appointment rather than the meeting getting sidetracked.

The board worded in the statement that Dixie headed the decision to appoint Keates which he clearly denies. The board were obviously trying to sugarcoat the appointment, however Dixie did confirm he was one of three who took the interview and also agreed that keates was the best man for the job. When you sum it all up with budgets and who’s available right now, maybe Keates was the best for the role. Hard to take for some and certainly wouldn’t have been my choice but we might as well get behind the team regardless. I agree that the EGM or AGM is the place to get changes made rather than protesting at the ground. (At this stage at least).