View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 14.21:00   #84-0 (permalink)
FieldtownRed
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sack the board Tuesday MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
I think this is an interesting point.

As far as i can tell we dont have a plan. It shouldnt be this way. It also shouldnt be left to the fans to come up with one. However one of my egm enail suggestions is to have some mandatory succession planning in place.

I also some time ago emailed some (john mills i think it was, but years ago) about the idea of building a volunteer talent pool database. Id have even built this free of charge. Somewhere we could register detail on specific skill areas for people who would be interested in supporting or leading with activities at the club. That way if there was ever a short or long term skills gap we could see if we had people who could help, if there was ever a project to be delivered or if there were networked contacts who could add value. I didnt receive any reply.

The current leadership should in my opinion always be planning their exit. Thats what i would do in my day to day job... Where do i want to go next and who do i think could replace me. Its not always possible to pick your replacement but ive done it 3 or 4 times in a 20 year career.
I'm sure this was built and I received a link from the trust asking me to submit details. Few years ago though now I think.