View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 23.09:14   #195-0 (permalink)
Rob Edwards
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST EGM - Recap of Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
I've waited a few days before committing to this as I didn't want to make my decision out of anger.

I've been very supportive of the board in the past, some may call me a happy clapper. I've defended them when we've been in a slump under Morrell and Wilkin. I thought the appointments of Wilkin and Mills were sound ones at the time. Didn't blame them when Keates or Ricketts left. But since January it has been mistake after mistake and we are in the position we are in now solely due to the actions of the board.

Within the last 10 months there have been poor decisions and unacceptable behaviour with no reasonable explanation or apology for any of this being offered.

The fans are more divided than I have seen before, with even the most reasonable, sensible and supportive fans calling for change because of certain actions.

As for what I hope to see. I'm not in favour of wholesale change. I hope for an external footballing presence on the board. Bringing in Dixie McNeil to be a patsy doesn't cut it when he hasn't been involved in the game for 20+ years and his position as honourary club president doesn't leave much room to rock the boat

I've met 4 of the 5 board members. All four work incredibly incredibly hard and are very decent people. Spencer Harris, Gavin Jones, Phil Salmon and Mark Williams have always, from my perspective, been welcoming, open to comments and criticism and keen to delveop the club. Between them they have a great balance of the right skillset to manage off-field actions. Spencer gets a lot of stick because he is the one that sticks his head above the sand the most. I truely believe he is an asset to this club and should be retained but relieved of making footballing decisions.

There should be one individual whom is to be the figurehead of footballing decisions. This way there will be no hiding behind group or unanimous decisions. Getting ourselves into this mess must mean accountability.

I feel the board needs fresh blood and someone has to leave unless resonable and believeable explanations can be offered for the valid concerns and questions that the fans have.

I've never felt so passionless about this football club. I've never seen such apathy amongst our fanbase. That alone is reason for change and yet there are so many more. The clubs reluctance to give an olive branch means this is the only solution.

I've had assurances that the individuals behind this EGM are fit and proper with the purest of intetions of the club at heart and that settles my only qualm

I hope others sign up too
Well said.
Sent the email myself last week.
Recent events should surely trigger more to do the same.