View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 23.09:15   #1-0 (permalink)
northwalian dragon
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions?

I had this debate before the match tonight and I'd love for some more opinions

In Keates' unveiling interview he states things like:

"it's in the past, it's behind us"
"what's happened in the past is in the past"
"I don't want to speak too much previously"
"What's happened has happened"

Plus an interesting quote from Dixie who said that Keates had stated in his interview that "He didn't really walk out on the football club"

To me it is disrespectful and arrogant of him to take the viewpoint that the fans should just forget the way in which he walked out given everything the club and the fans had done for him.

He was club captain for 5 years, knew first hand the pain of Wrexham fans being out of the football league, never managed to finish the job as a player, was well paid during his last years of his career, was able to play and study his coaching degree through the scheme the club put on, the club funded said degree, the club gave him his first big break in management, they provided him with full support, they provided him with an increased budget for an inexperienced manager such was the trust they showed him, the fans raised over £100,000 out of their own pockets through a scheme the fans divised due to the trust they had in him

He left with weeks to go having not completed a full season as manager.

Many fans do not welcome him back, but how many would feel less anger towards him should he publically apologise to supporters?

He would certainly have more backing from me if he were to apologise. I don't believe in giving second chances for the sake of the saying. If someone is man enough to admit to their mistakes, admit they were wrong and apologise it would go a long way to ease tensions in my opinion. Keates's first interview back at Wrexham showed no ounce of regret or sympathy towards Wrexham fans, hopefully that is quickly resolved.

What are your thoughts?

Would an apology repair some of the damage?

Do you think Keates would be willing to give one?