View Single Post
Old 9th October 2019, 16.48:55   #60-0 (permalink)
KM Red
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wycombe changing from 100% fans owned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
So no fan has ever said that then.

Your first paragraph is total speculation based on our past and based on scaremongering and paranoia.

People have come forward and approached the club only to be met with resistance and/or ridiculous terms that they know full well no one in their right mind would ever agree to. Its a sneaky cowardly way of putting people off without having the balls to actually come out and say it to the fan base. I mean some fans are that paranoid still they don't even trust Bryn Law. Whatever your opinion of him he's without doubt a big Wrexham fan.

If the club is put up for sale it would be the duty of the WST to ensure its sold to the right person/people. They do not have to be lifelong Wrexham fans, the people who run the club now are (bar one Utd fan) lifelong fans and under their direction we achieved nothing as a club in over 8 years and are currently at the wrong end of the league table, so that argument is flawed. We've gone backwards under the WST ownership. See league table for proof.

Fans want the club put up for sale mainly because they want success and we're miles away from that. You can scaremonger all you want but the fact remains fan ownership isn't working so other options need to be looked at.
Keep doing the same things and expect the same results. Over 8 years worth of that now and for some the penny still hasn't dropped. You wonder what it would take, relegation?
So you would take a non Wrexham fan. Not good as most privately owned clubs that are well run are owned by long term supporters who happen to have money.

What criteria would you have for a new owner ?

The vast majority of EFL are trading whilst insolvent with massive debts that are quite often secured against the ground. Pointing out this fact is not scaremongering or paronia. Which clubs do you suggest are good examples of private ownership ? I put mine in an earlier post in an effort to provide some evidence and balance to the debate.