View Single Post
Old 11th October 2019, 21.06:36   #87-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Would an apology from Dean Keates ease tensions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
PD I think their is a number of reasons why crowds have dropped. The 2 previous seasons the club was challenging for promotion, ok the football wasn't great but something to play for and hope we could go up then the Ricketts and what happened after, just missing out on paper good signings so early season hope hence big crowds, but now we are struggling the football poor season after season and it's took it's toll.

Now the secret society of a board who don't communicate with the fans has alienated the fanbase which they have split with the DSA and bringing back a manager so soon after he left in bitter circumstances.

So all contributing factors, so Keates has a lot to do to get the fans back, our best hope is a cup run.

But 12 yrs of going around in circles has taken its toll a treadmill of underachieving.
Posted via mobile theme
Generally speaking crowds have improved season on season which seems to fly in the face of dissatisfaction with being in this league for so long. This season it is quite simple - we are playing poorly and our league position reflects that. Frankly it is more entertaining than under Keates first time but having said that nobody wants to watch their team lose. We can hope that Keates makes us harder to beat without killing any offensive ambition. In my opinion we have better options up front particularity if we can get hooper back and he can form a partnership with someone. With 7 places at the top it is always possible that we could still get up there and I am certain the fans will return but it gets harder with every reverse and I still look down rather than up at present.
The board issues though very real are still a separate issue for me and those that seek to bring them to the game will do the team no favours. Its Keates job to protect the players from off field drama and the best way to do that is to start winning.