View Single Post
Old 12th October 2019, 10.29:25   #225-0 (permalink)
Answer Release
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Statement responding to 'social media storm' "Regarding Wrexham DSA & Viewing Platform" (Sunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
One of the reasons given for not extending the existing platform was that the lift was unreliable.
My answer was Get a lift that is.

The existing lift is dated, the supplier has gone out of business and maintenance is a problem due to lack of information and parts. Temporary fixes are just that.

Credit to Phil Salmon and others for doing the work to ensure that it does work most of the time.
I’ve been involved with the replacement and maintenance of many lifts in recent years. Any competent company would be able to repair / source parts. There are many buildings functioning with much older lifts. This isn’t even a heavily used lift either.

Whilst I acknowledge that older carts probably generate more regular issues, the club need to decide on either instructing a suitable maintenance contract and the costs associated against its replacement.

The lift industry is a bit of a rogue one, they’re all in bed together and do little for any less than great margins so either maintaining or replacement won’t come cheap.

Last edited by Answer Release; 12th October 2019 at 10.30:36..