View Single Post
Old 21st October 2019, 23.01:39   #60-0 (permalink)
REDGOG
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Live meeting thread - KO 7:30pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
Thanks for the summary. Same as it ever was then.

The board's actions have caused apathy and that's the biggest danger. They won't realise until the damage is potentially too great.
Posted via mobile theme
A chap did state that apathy/ lack of interest is the biggest danger to the club.

I think that Spencer should not do all the talking, he comes across as arrogant and condescending on occasion. However the mike is passed to him to answer most questions and the rest of the board appear happy to push him forward. I can understand why as he must keep control of contentious meetings in his job, but this is a different audience and you cant talk down to a membership of what are supposed to be equals.

Tonight did make me doubt if the fan owned model has any future for the first time, the board should have put their hands up to what has gone wrong ( including the DSA fiasco) and shown they have learnt and are learning lessons even after 8 years, which is no time at all when learning a role like this.

Just like to say that the board member who covers the finances impressed me tonight, not for the first time. Puts himself across well and knows his brief.