Thread: Wrexham 1
View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 08.08:41   #40-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
First half our fullbacks got forward. They put wide men into their midfield and that killed our wide play. Our coaching team still looking for plan b.

Why do do kick long ball after long ball to grant? Hooper won virtually every aerial challenge yet Lainton never aims at him.

Winning another round or 2 may make a difference to the playing budget. For those who stayed away last night, especially season ticket holders, please make every attempt to turn up for the next round. You’ll all want “your” seat for a glamorous 3rd round tie.

Grant should have scored, Harris bottled a 1 on1 out wide with Coddington , but otherwise 45 minutes of hold what we have. Welcome back Keates. I’ve missed my 2nd half insomnia cures. Dreadful. Our 1 hope is that Hooper gets match fit and plays more. Until he signs a pre contract elsewhere in January and gives up like our previous useful looking players.
Glad you’re back posting. Being a WREXHAM fan continues to be a trial, but one we must face. Agree Harris must stop pulling out, if only because he will get hurt. Just hope it’s on TV because I will probably not be able to make the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I agree that our issues are in Midfield. Were Summerfield and Young 'Rested' I simply cannot believe that they are behind Akil Wright in the pecking order. As for Redmond I have the same view as you BUT when have we actually seen that Quality ? Is this a kings clothes scenario where we all somehow believe that he is talented but in reality he is just a lazy bugger ? I do think our style does not suit him and ,a bit like Harris, he is bewildered by the basics of Conference level football.
I also agree that Horsfield had a decent first half but compared to coco the clown I would.
The Grant 'Miss' was just a cocky scouser trying to showboat and we need to get over it. Dropping our leading scorer is nonsense but he does deserve a bollocking - if they had equalised and subjected us all to 30 more minutes they would have ended up playing in front of a Bulgarian stadium as I am not sure many could have tolerated more.
Cautiously optimistic at half time and deflated at full time (despite the win we could all see the cracks)
I was impressed by Horsfield. Hopefully he will improve further as he gains match fitness.

We need a midfield general and a target man. Get those 2 in pdq and DK might just rescue the season. If not, we are in for some nail-biting times!