View Single Post
Old 31st October 2019, 18.49:08   #23-0 (permalink)
eastsussexred
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Outside investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
this situation has been coming for a while, it is not just the last six months, we have been told by the trust/board and the supporters of this model that the club has never been run better but yet we see average attendances go up, then there is fund raising and membership dues but we see a slow and steady grinding decline, we see rules and regulations introduced which empower the board/trust, placing them in a cocoon of safety free,oblivious from criticism, nero playing the fiddle while rome burns.
I was cautious when the "fan owned" model was introduced but after past events anything was better, but i never thought that a football club could degenerate into the state we find it now, the warnings have been there and have been noted, complaints of various issues have been posted in here and voiced in meetings, only to be heavily criticised by those who take a higher moral and political ground, living out their dreams of a "society" a "community" all very nice but Spencer Harris and Co, are like Jack Jones leading the faithful to suicide, now the inevitable is here where will the board/trust members be when we are relegated, or worse, where are the "society" members now its all going pear shaped, well, there will always be excuses but i have a suspision that those who are responsible for our current plight and the people who have helped to create this by being supportive, will evaporate like a fart in the wind, leaving the club in a mess, and all so these people can feel better about their own ideologies, how bloody ridiculous.
It is happening everywhere. Organisations and institutions are being hijacked and suborned to a specific woke agenda, wherein the main purpose of the organisation is diluted and subverted towards values which have nothing whatsoever to do with the organisations original intention.

Last edited by eastsussexred; 31st October 2019 at 18.50:15..