View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2019, 21.47:50   #21-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Horsefield stretchered off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Hasn't gone unnoticed that Keates has reverted back to the midfield of Young, Summerfield and Wright - I think those are his first choice options if available.

But we don't want to end up fixing one position and creating another problem in another which would happen if Wright switched to an unfamiliar role.

Under Bryan Hughes the team was being drastically chopped and changed every week - hopefully now, bar injury the favoured best starting 11 remain pretty settled.

So, for me Carrington slots in to right back with immediate effect and we leave the midfield as it is - of course the danger is fixture congestion with all the cup competitions and potential replays, plus the rearranged mid week league fixtures to play - playing every weekend and midweek may well take it's toll - we have numbers but not a mouth watering array of quality to come off the bench and win us a game in the last 20 minutes.
I think those three are the best options we currently have. I really hope we bring in some midfielders at some point because, Young aside, they aren't good enough.

I agree with you about Carrington. The only player we have who can play in RB if Horsfield is injured.