View Single Post
Old 6th November 2019, 10.04:26   #15-0 (permalink)
Wreck Sam
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Signs of the Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Why is outside investment seen as such a taboo subject? I know we came very close to oblivion under Hamilton and have been screwed over in other ways by Moss but this is not a reason in itself to shun any interest.
If the correct checks are done then there should be no cause for concern. Hamilton came in as a result of Pryce Griffiths selling up, Moss came in because we were desperate for a saviour after the Hamilton fiasco. In either case I doubt the Trust had a lot of scope to check these people out (if even the trust existed pre Hamilton).
Now they are able to utilise the tools available to them to ensure as best as they can that the right people are included into the club.
Yes, there is no guarantee that it would work but we are clearly stagnating and struggling under the current ownership.

We need to look to the future and other forms of investment and structure. Yes, exercise some caution but don't disregard it entirely.
I agree with this. We know now that 5th tier is the best we can achieve under what we have with the danger of that being 6th tier allowing for law of averages downturns. I do get that the WST leadership will always put a positive spin on our reality (as per the ridiculous points tally boast) but maybe the wider fanbase is now questioning if what we have is enough. Maybe for the WST leadership it is ?