View Single Post
Old 7th November 2019, 07.07:26   #21-0 (permalink)
krux
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Signs of the Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
There is an inherent risk in looking outside - you lose some control. Any of us in our right minds should recognise the dangers in that because of our past experience as well as the recent experience of teams like Bury.

So you lose some control but there's still no guarantee you get promoted. People on here carry on that if we had more money we'd get promoted. that's nonsense (unless you're spending Salford amounts of money) look at AFC Fylde.

I await the usual "happy clapper" nonsense from the usual crowd. I'm not happy with how we are doing, however I don't believe the issue is fundamentally fan ownership - the issue is some of the people we have on our board. Over the past 12 months, they've made two shocking decisions on managers that have cost us promotion. I've got no doubt that if Ricketts had remained we'd have gone up as champions. (we only missed out by 5 points even though we didn't win a game in January).

The present ownership system is not the issue.

The personnel in the present ownership system? Absolutely.
and salford, and FGR, and Fleetwood, and Crawley.

There are no guarantees, but we need to give ourselves the best chance of getting promoted which means putting the best team on the pitch as possible which means £