Thread: Any EGM update?
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2019, 12.23:42   #15-0 (permalink)
The Only Way Is Up
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Any EGM update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Where are you getting those numbers from? If they were only 35 short, I thought we were talking significantly more than 37 people having signed up.

There’s also presumably some people who aren’t WST members who want change but aren’t willing to sign up for the Trust because of the well-documented issues.

Finally, as Baz has pointed out on other threads, there may be people who want AN EGM, just not THIS EGM - the anonymity of those proposing it appears to have put some people off, while others want a change in ownership model which isn’t being called for here.

Do you really think, looking at our attendances, there are only 30 odd people who are unhappy with the way things are going?
Yes - the figure quoted by me was misleading, up to a point. However, on 30th October, Pete Jones clarified that at least 5% of the ADULT membership (then standing at 2,640 plus the kids) would have to vote for an EGM before one could be called. 5% of 2,640 is 132. On 1st November, a further 35 Members were still required to reach that magical 5% figure indicating that only 97 people had actually put their names/membership numbers forward.

There may have been a few more since then, but nowhere near enough. Say about 100 people out of an adult membership of 2,640. Does that sound to you like an overwhelming vote for an EGM?

My point was that on RP, the same few posters repeatedly criticise what's happening at the club, without many replying, which creates the totally false picture that everybody wants the EGM.

I've said previously that there are obvious areas of weakness behind the scenes, and that a set of discussion points put before a meeting could result in sufficient sensible motions to be presented at a subsequent AGM, but chucking out a request for an EGM based on nothing more that complaints is the same as an opposition party at a General Election doing nothing more than complain about the Government without putting forward its own policies for the future in a clearly worded manifesto - i.e. it's a no-hope strategy!