Thread: Any EGM update?
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2019, 21.29:20   #28-0 (permalink)
wafc1926
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Any EGM update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5. View Post
Interesting read in tonight's Evening Standard on AFC Wimbledon trust ownership model and the need for outside investment.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...m-a4296711.htm
You could argue that money is not the answer to our problems but , in a perverse way , the cause of many of our problems. Prior to the Taylor and Ward windfalls our Club was fairly united. Since the Ward £1.5 million bonus was announced there seems to have been a marked change. Many fans felt that their contributions were either not needed or unappreciated. Money was squandered (you don't need me to explain how) and the decline was accelerated. WST members' agm motions were opposed and later ignored, with dire consequences for relations with the DSA and we mere mortals who dared to support that organisation Makes me despair when people who should know better make it clear that they see people like Steve Gilbert , Andy Pierce, Rich Ulrich ........ and even me as villains in this Shakespearean tragedy. Few would deny that there has been a communications breakdown between Club and fans(no WST board minutes published since August meeting ) and supporters are voting with their feet. Would love to say I see an obvious solution , and way forward , but sadly I can't.
In conclusion, and it pains me to feel I have to say it , the views I express are entirely my own and NOT those of any organisation with which I am currently involved.