View Single Post
Old 28th November 2019, 12.54:18   #23-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
For all Jennings failings, all Jennings was shouting at the forwards was to 'move', I don't think you can blame him for that. All he wanted was a few options for him to pass the ball into, he didn't get that for the majority.

Grant had given up, probably suffering after being effectively beaten up by their CB's all game, him and the others were static. Most players body language screamed 'don't give me the ball'.

I wouldn't put any blame on Lainton, on a personal level he may well feel he could have saved it but the defence and midfield were at fault for that goal for me.
I think Carra is just on the wane as a player, is he 32 now? Unfortunately his best days are behind him. Still our best RB though by some distance. I personally didn't notice him too much, not sure if that's good or bad.
I didn't blame Lainton. Overall - I think he is still giving it his all and is possible captain material. As said he may have been disappointed with being beaten from such a distance.
What happened to the Tollit that many of us saw at Boreham wood last season ? He was almost unplayable at this level - scored a brace and should have scored 4. Just look at the team from that night :

Lainton
Jennings
Carrington (Capt)
Kennedy
Lawlor

Walker
Wright
Young
Rutherford

Oswell
Tollit

8/11 that started on Tuesday in a side that went top of the league with a 2-0 win.

Now - both you and I wanted Oswell in the side on tuesday and most were baffled as to why Kennedy was omitted. That would have meant only Walker missing ! Top with 12 games to go and now look