View Single Post
Old 29th November 2019, 08.22:32   #36-0 (permalink)
NottsRed
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ebbsfleet Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Can't believe some of the negativity on here - we are not blessed with quality but dropping Pearson is bizzare - the team may not be getting the results we all want and some players might not be playing to their best but for me Pearson is one of the first names on the team sheet - I watch set pieces and corners and if we had 6 Pearson's attacking the ball we would do a lot better - it can't be easy at the moment but sticking together and not stripping the defence of our Captain and leader wont exactly help - who would replace him.

Calls for JJ Hooper to waltz back into the team are also unfounded - I would persevere with Grant and our new discovery Patrick who was about our only real attacking threat capable of a goal on Tuesday night. Drafting in a player who has been out for so long isn't going to help - is he even close to fitness ?

Can Keates turn it around ? the next two away games are crucial before we take on high flying Solihull Moors on the following Saturday at home.

It's fine margins - games are being decided by no more than one goal but our away form has to start producing points. I feel this squad has it within - how can a team beat the likes of high flying Barrow, Halifax and Bromley but fail against lower placed opposition ?
Is Pearson at the moment playing well, leading from the front or firing players up like he used to? Answer to that is no. DO we have a better option on the bench? Answer to that is yes.

As for sticking with Grant ok fair enough but FFS put someone near him to give him some support. Goals win games and having a 5ft 8 guy as an isolated target man is beyond stupid.