View Single Post
Old 30th November 2019, 07.30:12   #47-0 (permalink)
Vambo
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sign the petition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dread View Post
The anonymity of the people proposing the EGM probably put some off. We're always being advised by experts not to hand over details like the ones asked for (email/user name, membership number and date of birth) to random strangers on the internet. Useful info for hackers.
Or maybe some just worried we'd be swapping one clique for another.
Also a lot of people I've spoken to hadn't even heard of the EGM thing.

An online petition at change.org is possibly seen as a less problematic way of making your feelings known even if deep down there's no real expectation that it will do the trick.

I can't think of any other business where a customer's only way of getting improved service is to become involved with the organisation's internal politics. A few people I know have just voted with their feet instead (and feel sorry for the likes of me who keep attending).
All this is happening when there's a lot of mistrust towards politicians generally and a fair bit of election fatigue around.

It's not fair to say fans are apathetic. People just don't know how to to about getting genuine change. And there's a lot of toxicity around in general. Football used to be an escape from it. Now vitriol seems to be embedded in the club. It's just no fun anymore.
You're right, fans aren't happy, they are not apathetic, and are desperate for something to turn around the fortunes of the club.

When someone stands up, and proposes an alternative way forward fans will have something to consider and maybe get behind.

Until that happens few will support removing the current set up with no realistic and workable alternatives prepared to take over.