View Single Post
Old 30th November 2019, 16.49:21   #1-0 (permalink)
CosmicCol
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Ownership or Leadership?

I like everyone else am absolutely gutted about the current position we are in...

It is is truly depressing as I cant seem to see a way out of the current position....

I am however concerned about the fact that quite a bit of discussion on here is about selling the club and blaming the Trust ownership model as being the core of the problem....

Equally there are those that seem to want to blame the existing Board - effectively the current Leadership whom it is clear have lost the trust of a significant majority of the fans....

For me the first is about money and the second is about the capability of people......The two might be intertwined - but it would seem that the best solution to move forward would be to find any genuine Leaders (as some have suggested Don was in the past) that would be be happy to commit the necessary time, effort and energy to Lead the club under the existing model.

Of course this means working for no payment (as things stand) and that the existing incumbents would stand aside and let these individuals take over.

Is there anyone who could filll such a position? Any Local business people such as Don who have the time and desire to fill this role?

If not we are left in a position where we will need to take the risk of 'selling' our club to an individual or group who will do so motivated by profit - and that means they will want to sell it on after they have sorted it out to someone else - or else there is no other way to get a pay back.

The sell the club option seems fraught with massive risk to me - mind you having said that the way things are it feels like we have noting left to lose!