View Single Post
Old 1st December 2019, 19.40:06   #22-0 (permalink)
dixienormous
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end
Twitter: @

Default Re: Simon Rhodes resigns from WST board

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
In fairness, I believe that was because they didn’t want to hand over the saved cash to the Moss regime. It was well know the Trust had a fund that Moss was desperate to get his hands on. Offered a seat on the board for the 400k the trust had etc. That would have just been pissed up the wall/spent on the flats.

The Trust has messed up, but not everything they have done has been terrible. The finance guy for the Trust always comes across as the smartest bloke on the team, especially at the meetings I attended during and the year or two after the takeover.
Im not doubting for a minute he isn’t the smartest bloke and to be fair our finances are healthy, but that’s almost irrelevant when we’re sitting at the bottom the league isn’t it.

I was led to believe it was impossible to access the money at the time, and like you said even it was, it was seen as ‘handing over cash to the mosss regime’. This showed how dangerous the current regime were, because it wasn’t a case of handing money over to the moss regime, it was paying a bond to ensure the football clubs future, this demonstrated early on the political nonsensical bullshit some of the wst loonies play.