View Single Post
Old 1st December 2019, 18.45:49   #23-0 (permalink)
Inside Left
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Simon Rhodes resigns from WST board

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
In fairness, I believe that was because they didn’t want to hand over the saved cash to the Moss regime. It was well know the Trust had a fund that Moss was desperate to get his hands on. Offered a seat on the board for the 400k the trust had etc. That would have just been pissed up the wall/spent on the flats.

The Trust has messed up, but not everything they have done has been terrible. The finance guy for the Trust always comes across as the smartest bloke on the team, especially at the meetings I attended during and the year or two after the takeover.
There was quite rightly resistance to stop the previous owner getting the WST money but I believe those on this thread are referring to the bond required by the league which the then owners were unwilling to provide. - Placing the club in jeopardy

That all important bond was provided by fans (organised outside of the WST and by just a handful of well organised individuals.) I might be challenged on this but it wasn't the WST boards finest hour.