View Single Post
Old 6th January 2020, 13.33:18   #7-0 (permalink)
KT12 Exile
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale
Twitter: @

Default Re: Current Player League Ability

On the basis that they're good enough for league 2 or our league (basically only Lainton good enough for L2), I'd keep the following:

Lainton - first choice
Pearson - first choice if he's fully fit
Lawlor - backup
Kennedy - first choice
Carrington - backup
Young - first choice
Redmond - backup
Hooper - first choice if fully engaged and motivated

The last 2 only on the basis that their head is in the right place and they really want to be here. I'm convinced there's a good player in Redmond but our current management won't get it out of him.

Not good enough for this league are
Christian Dibble
Jazzi BB
Chambers
Jennings - good enough 2-3 years ago but not anymore.
Rutherford
Wright
Summerfield
Grant
Barton
Oswell
Leighton Mc

Not seen enough of Szczepaniak, Tharme or Reid to really comment.

If we were to survive this season, I'd only want to see the first 8 retained (absolute max) and only about 3-4 of them are good enough to be starting 11.

For now, seeing as we can't dump the rest all in one go, we just need to see what we can do. I'd look to lose JBB, Chambers, Barton and MacIntosh at the earliest opportunity. Dibble, Jennings, Rutherford, etc will have to do until the summer, painful though it may be.

sear is right though, with some of these players it's just impossible to tell with our current coaching staff. The amount of times I think a striker we have is rubbish and then they go on and score regularly elsewhere means I'm doubting everything.