View Single Post
Old 9th January 2020, 15.18:45   #15-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

Very obviously we need changes to the playing squad and coaching set up. Those are short term changes that need to be made.

It appears to me that there is something very wrong with the governance of the club. I don't know enough about the make up of the various boards to have a clue what the issues are, whether it's personalities, or the organisation, or both. But people more clued up than me have been mentioning them for a while now. Mistakes have quite clearly been made over the last 18 months (managerial appointments being one, the dealings with the DSA another) but what's got me is that there has been no owning of those mistakes, and no attempt to learn from those experiences that I can see. That's quite worrying. It doesn't appear to be an organisation that is growing, learning and improving.

Longer term changes that are needed come down to things like the training facilities, upgrading and improving the ground, community involvement and pursuing revenue streams. Some of these may be ongoing, no idea.