View Single Post
Old 9th January 2020, 17.43:31   #21-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Realistic Changes to Our Club

[QUOTE=basdragon;2334291

So assuming that the aim would be to replace the current board and structure this summer, what ideas do people have to fill the void left if the board resign/get sacked or whatever ?

We know some are looking to the sugar daddy solution. Are there any realistic options for this in the pipeline ? What safeguards could we put in place to ensure we don't go back to the dark days of 10 years ago ?

There is a lot of flack for fan based ownership on here but there are places where it has worked, AFC Wimbledon and Wycombe Wanderers both in league one spring to mind, so when done properly it seems that fan owned clubs can work. Would we be able to shadow or study the structure of these well run clubs to find out what they are doing well that we aren't.

Just as importantly who would be willing to step in and replace the board if/when they went ?

I'll admit I have far more questions than answers, but what do we have collectively as alternatives ?[/QUOTE]

We have a very deep problem.

I can forgive most of errors the board have made but the crap about having all the skills etc make Nero look fantastic.

The position now is:

1. No resignations and carry on as is.

2. They belatedly recognize the mess they have created resign and leave others to sort out the mess if the can.

I suspect they will stick out. Not because it because it suits the club but their personal agenda's as, in their minds at least sticking gives leaves them in control and some sort of a chance of recovery.

The longer they stick the more difficult scenario 2 becomes for others to sort out. In fact it might be too late anyway for anyone to effectively influence the outcome of this season.

Can the be replaced with better? Certainly. It would be hard to do worse.

It seems there are still people thinking simply just changing the cast will do the trick.

In my view it is odds on they will be cast in the same mould.

The constitution and nature of the beast guarantee beuarocaracy and extreme risk aversion.

Better people but still the system will fail us.

I support changing the cast but as a first step to be lees risk averse and more welcoming of potential outside interests.