View Single Post
Old 14th January 2020, 18.37:25   #47-0 (permalink)
NottsRed
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Manny Smith retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
So what happens next ?

Does a player who's career is cut short through injury insured ?
I was at Solihull and witnessed the incident and watched him being helped off the field - seems a long time ago - well it was - two August bank holiday's back - some are complaining about the club but they did give him a contract extension whilst injured and MS has been given a long opportunity to regain fitness.

We don't seem to have them now like we used to - but I can't help feeling if anyone should be helped with the proceeds of a testimonial then perhaps MS is a deserving case - however it used to be down to some criteria of being at the same club for x of time - but regardless he and his family should be helped somehow (perhaps the answer is there in my first paragraph reference insurance)

Now the peculiar bit - only the other during a post match interview made claim that MS would be back but when pressed wouldn't put a time limit on it.
Perhaps he was just being polite.

Whatever happens just wish Manny the best for the future - unbeatable in the air when faced with a high ball and a bigger forward than himself.
From what ive been told Manny actually recovered from the injury he received at Solihull as seen in him coming back but suffered a slight reoccurence.. It was from this that though that he developed an MRSA staph infection in his knee which destroyed the muscle. This is one the club can't be blamed for that. The club gave him every opportunity to prove his fitness but in the end the muscle damage was to bad. Got told that at the County game and tbh im surprised he hasn't announced this earlier.

A great servant to the club and i would hope in some way he could stay connected in some respect through training or coaching if he can.