View Single Post
Old 14th January 2020, 23.09:27   #48-0 (permalink)
Quay Red
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Second Disabled Platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
The DSA is perhaps the only thing we can all feel proud of.

But we will still need a successful football club as the fans using the platform want to see us win not lose.

I have felt really saddened by how long this project has been rolling. Something that was mandated by the fans democratically but then seemed to hit all sorts of obstacles and delays with ulterior motives. It reminded me of Brexit weirdly. Although personally I love being in Europe and supporting the DSA.

I can only hope and dream we will see that 2nd platform built and those fans using it, cheering us on to promotion.
Having challenged the board about the delay at the last AGM. I was contacted by Phil Salmon and took the opportunity to see what the proposals were. Location, access etc.
I expressed a view to Phil and a DSA member that the proposals were less than satisfactory but was advised that Building Control had made positive noises prior to submitting the proposals.
I was particularly concerned that the access ramps ( that existed) fell below accepted standards and could be an issue. Construction of a new ramp would be costly and awkward due to the width and length required to meet the relevant standards. Unless the access and egress meets the standards, the club is wide open to a claim in the event of an accident. This could be what's stalling matters but lack of transparency leaves us all speculating, sometimes wildly.
What appeared to be a simple matter has evolved into a nightmare for all parties.