Thread: A Suggestion...
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2020, 14.47:08   #2-0 (permalink)
WrexSi
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: A Suggestion...

I agree with everything you RR and WK say there.

I think the majority of the WST members feel disenfranchised from the club, and we don’t even remotely feel like ‘owners’ in any shape or form. We don’t get bulletins, updates, or any kind of transparency on how the club is being run, on a week by week basis.

It feels like we are all merely funding an ego trip for those who divorce themselves from mainstream fandom, they build walls rather than bridges.

I keep coming to every game, season ticket in hand, having watched Wrexham since 1978.

It feels like visiting a very poorly close-relative, who you know is not going to get better, but you feel you can’t turn your back, out of loyalty, duty, and care for the sick patient (and yes, I’ve had to do that myself, the experience feels so similar!)

There’s no way out of this mess really, I do believe the Board do a good job of ensuring sustainability so we don’t do a Bury, but equally there’s no ambition at all. Our club is being run as a business rather than a sports club which might aspire to improve on the pitch.

Very interesting to read Welsh Kiwi comments, and yours Ruthin Red. Thanks for sharing your posts with us. Cheers.