View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2020, 10.24:19   #454-0 (permalink)
We'll always have Porto
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: New (and old) RP'ers Introduce Yourselves...

New to the site, been a reader for while....bit dubious about posting, given the vitriol some dish out....but have done after the D&R game ....which was a shocker.

Been watching the Robins (sorry...old habits) since my dad took me in 1970, been a programme seller and writer in the 1990's ....that golden age of programmes under the editorship of messrs Roberts, Jones and Parry.......even used to drive Dave R to Salford to pick them up!!

A lapsed season ticket holder and supporter since 2005, now back watching with my own son, who has decided to take an interest. Shocked by the state of my club, the leadership, coaching and standard of play is the worst I have ever seen......and I once saw us lose 4-0 at home to Hartlepool at the nadir of the Bobby Roberts era!!

I was on the famous coach trip to watch Real Zaragoza, and plenty of Isle of Man pre-season tours.....so my credentials are established!

Favourite all time player.....Joey, followed by Graham Whittle and Carlos Edwards.....loved the way he seemed to glide over the pitch. Happiest memories were the rise up when Flynnie took over, although always felt we could have pushed on further, he built some really great teams....but we always looked a little unbalanced and didn't quite reach our potential.

I am looking forward to re-engaging with my team, making new memories with my son....but oh what a mess......it's going to be a long way back......but its in the blood.......come on you reds!!!