View Single Post
Old 10th February 2020, 07.56:18   #30-0 (permalink)
krux
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: "Congratulations to the supporters...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
There’s no sugar daddy out there wanting to take the club on. He / she / they would be run out of town anyway probably, with a lot of people doubting their intentions.

I think we are to be fan owned forever more. Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. Most are developers who want to sell the ground and land. We don’t own it so there’s nothing to interest them is there. Wrexham FC as a plaything won’t appeal either.

I’m not keen on seeing any of the board members names cropping up on here all the time like they do.
I think the only criticism, if you could call it that, that I’d level at the board, is we appear to be run as a business first, to avoid making a loss (at least we have Got A Club) rather than having any real ambition on the football side.
There surely must be a wage ceiling, and that’s holding us back, success-wise.

It sounds like Barrow are making a loss, over spending, to try to get success. Like Bury did.

Is this right or wrong? Should we break the bank to try to get back to the FL?
Gung ho, succeed or die trying?
Or just bimble along mid table in the NL forever and ever without ever going up.

I dunno. All I know I’ll be there again next Saturday, praying that the players might have spent some quality time together on a training ground, and not just the gym and the hairdressers.
two very separate points in that paragraph.

We don't know that there is no one out there, but the second part of the paragraph is true.