View Single Post
Old 10th February 2020, 10.18:59   #73-0 (permalink)
Inside Left
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email and letters to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
Or if they are really spending that much time, working a minimum 80 hour week perhaps its time to accept that more support is needed.

My biggest issue outside of there being a lack of appropriate skills to run a football club is this reluctance to admit that they need help. I would have more respect if they held their hamds up and just said it like it is - not a reflection imo on them, playing the martyr is counter productive. I would personally a couple of extra board positions if its a must that the present structure must remain. Id reduce the size of the wst board and give them the absolute power to remove club board members, but have no involvement in day to day matters including operations or football. I would prefer there to be no club board members involved with the trust. If we want to run wrexham afc like a business then club board is the executive leadersjip group consisting of a ceo and his or her department managers, and the trust board are the directors. Really not difficult to understand is it?
Luke Just to make the point. The WST board do have the 'power' to change the club board. The club board are appointed via election by them.

If as you suggest the club has a Chief Ex I would point you in the direction of some of the clubs previous CEO's and their inputs !! To often in football they come at a price and do not have the desired affect.

Your suggestion of addition board members - I would agree as long as they had a positive input and influence. A friend of mine is a board member at an EFL club and they seem to be doing ok but he does have to put a shift in with like minded board members.