View Single Post
Old 13th February 2020, 03.45:44   #87-0 (permalink)
The Only Way Is Up
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email and letters to the Board

Reply received from Robert Stock a few hours ago:

Apologies for my delay in replying to you - had a very busy few days with work/family commitments and dealing with Junior Dragon matters.
Also, emails to membership@wst.org.uk do not come through to me so I did not see your email the first time you sent it.

I completely agree with you that communication needs improving in many areas. This is something that we have already began to discuss and work on as a board, examples being the online Operational Board Q & A sessions and the recent sharing of a Facilities Update and DLO Update on the club website. On a personal level, I do strive to keep updates on Community matters (particularly the Junior Dragons) as regular as possible on the club sites and social media. I appreciate that this is only a start though and more needs to be done over the coming weeks and months.

I agree it should be explored if meetings could feature some type of Line conference call or the meeting being filmed and having the option of emailing questions in. I appreciate it must be difficult for exiled fans to attend such meetings and I will bring this up for discussion with the board.

I know that the issue with the delay in the posting of the minutes from recent meetings has now been resolved and was due to us having to appoint a new Secretary.

I completely understand the frustrations of fans over our on-field issues this season - I'm sure you can appreciate we all feel the same.
My personal belief is that things are now on the up (touch wood!) and have full confidence in the management team. I also fully share frustrations in the delay over the new disabled platform. Whilst I understand there have been legitimate delays in the process, it greatly disappoints me that it still has not been built. As a result, it also frustrates me that the great work that the club, DLO and DSA have done (and are still doing) in making the Racecourse a more inclusive environment then gets overlooked. My hope is that the club and the Working Group that has been established can now work together to ensure the platform is built as soon as possible.

I am not familiar with the legacy idea you referred to - I think this must have been discussed before I joined the board. I must admit this is not an area I know much about, but if you would be willing to send me any information about it, I will gladly raise it with the board.

Regards,
Robert Stock