View Single Post
Old 13th February 2020, 11.15:39   #50-0 (permalink)
davewilli
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Bobby Grant (again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I got it from my eyes and brain, from watching a Ricketts team here who were on course to get promoted and from watching a Keates team here first time round who were dreadful to watch and were winging it massively and this time round where he's taken us backwards and all these claims of 'making us solid' etc have been proved to be total bollocks
It was an easy conclusion to come to, similar to someone asking you if its raining outside or not.

Ricketts took over a Keates squad riddled with duff signings and an impotent attack and a weak midfield. The majority of the squad Keates got this season nearly won the league last season, so where on earth do you dream these things up?

Re Keates plan 'making us harder to beat', he's failed on all fronts there hasn't he. Again where are you getting this guff from?

Ricketts did not have the benefit of the build the budget fund that Keates did, so I very much doubt your budget claims are true. Just pure guesswork from you.

The proof is Ricketts had us challenging at the top after one summer of transfers and his team was way ahead of any team Keates has produced here. Fact. It should not need pointing out, its so obvious. Your rose tinted specs are seriously clouding your judgement.
Just have to disagree with you, as your assessment as usual was grossly exaggerated. What was Ricketts words early days 'if it ain't brokedont fix it', he knew he was getting a good starting platform so I wouldn't dismiss the changes Keates introduced to get us to that position.