Thread: Youth team
View Single Post
Old 13th February 2020, 22.05:57   #10-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Youth team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Sargent is a good prospect to.
Posted via mobile theme
I have watched Airbus UK several times this season - I know their results have been poor but Sargent does nothing for me to suggest that he is a Wrexham loanee - just blends into the scenery - I would go as far as to say I have seen much better WPL midfielders from other clubs on show.

Still think it is all a case of 'for the here and now' - we have just signed 3 midfielders in response to our immediate needs and that is in addition to the senior pro midfielders who are already contracted here - so in reality any youth prospect will have to be very special indeed to jump ahead of those higher up the pecking order - much has changed since the likes of Gareth Owen and Dave Brammer under Flynnie - they got game time because their was no other option.

With so much chopping and changing this season plus the injuries the squad have sustained, Chambers and Barton leaving, Barnum Bobb seemingly disappearing from the thoughts of DK - if there was ever a timely opportunity for a youth player to have broke into the first team it has probably come and gone due to being out on loan. In addition many of the youth team gained game time in the matches against the 3 Scottish clubs - did any of them impress to such an extent that they were elevated to the first team squad - not in the eyes of DK.