View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 19.28:41   #80-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: THE TIME IS NOW! Sign up to the WST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
No he certainly is not suggesting that matters be left as they are. If you were to read the emails that are posted elsewhere, you will see the criticism of the current "status quo."

I have yet to see anybody add their letters or emails of complaint to that particular thread, which possibly helps to explain why that "status quo" has not been changed to overcome the challenges the team faces on the pitch, and the challenges that fans/members face when watching us lose points to teams beneath us for example.

If you let a sleeping dog lie, he's unlikely to go off chasing around the greyhound track. Our "sleeping dogs" are the same. If they don't see our opinions they won't change a thing.

The more members that the Trust has, the bigger the pool of talent that will be available to make positive changes in the Board room, and the greater the chance of finding some new members that might dig deep instead of it always being the same faces that fill the buckets. If you were thinking of becoming a wealthy benefactor, would you choose a club that had lost its spirit as well as its fanbase, or would you chose one whose supporters have fire in their bellies to reward your input with their loyalty?

Attend the meeting next week. Send in your opinions - not here or on FB where they won't make the slightest difference, but to the only people that can make the changes we all want today, and that's the ones who are currently in charge and answerable to all members - write to the Board, NOW!
There is a lot of good in this post.

And I really do hope it makes a difference.

The only caveat I would add in my own personal experience is each time I have tried to help with an idea, I have been rejected by board members of either WST or WAFC. The only time an idea was actually taken on board was when I added a £5,000 payment to it.