View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 07.03:02   #25-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: Communications failures - or are these the priorities discussed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techender View Post
Speaking personally, right now I don't give a monkeys about any of the "community" programs.

The club board should be discussing one topic, and one topic only, and that is why is our once great FOOTBALL club in a relegation battle at the wrong end of the fifth tier of the league structure, what are we going to do about it, and how are we going to avoid this ever happening again.

Once those matters have been addressed they can discuss football versus Homophobia till the cows come home.
Good point.

I would venture that there is a community element in any football club, wether it is privately owned by a wealthy benefactor or a club owned and run by its fans.

I would also imagine there are probably some current board members of WST and WAFC who don't necessarily support WAFC as their first club and their priority allegiance in terms of supporting a club might possibly lay elsewhere.

But in any company scenario, your role as a director or board member is to achieve the greatest possible result for the organisation you represent.

For WST board members you could consider this might be making WAFC as financially secure as possible with long term security and helping WAFC to be as successful as possible on and off the pitch, while juggling a much reduced budget compared to the elite rich clubs. Salford FC etc. Not an easy task.

For WAFC board members you could consider this responsibility might be to ensure the Football club is given the best possible opportunity to achieve success in its core activity. That is in a simple pie graph, to win more football matches than we lose or draw and in doing so to gain promotion.

Everything else has to be secondary to that or the core activity will cease to exist.