Thread: Members meeting
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 18.03:39   #60-0 (permalink)
eosceiriog
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP
Twitter: @

Default Re: Members meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
I don’t think so. I think the £50k off the first team budget, multi million pound business, dealing with companies of £xxxm etc etc are comments designed to make fans wonder whether they should turn the heat down and keep the status quo. Power and status is addictive, it’s easy to say you will quit, quite a different thing to do it.

In reality the business isn’t that big, £2m turnover isn’t ,in the grand scheme of business’s, that large, however it’s smallish turnover and limited customer base makes it fragile. Only sporting improvement will fundamentally improve the landscape. The debts got paid off by Wembley, cup runs, ward, Obeng, Taylor, Reid, Moult and other sales. That ship has largely sailed and won’t be replenished to anything like the same degree. So no upturn in sporting fortune will likely create a financial problem - that’s the more likely exit point.
Sadly I have also thought this for some time now.

This issue of several questions and the long answers required is ludicrous for such a tiny business. A total deflection of focus.

It has principally been brought about due to a lack of leadership resulting in evasion, poor communication and downright incompetence. There should have been no need for most of the questions and therefore little need for the answers either.

There have been honourable exceptions which the apologists for the WST have unashamedly used as a shield against the fans outrage.

I have said for along time the club was being poorly run and in the round there is no longer any doubt in my mind this is the case.