Thread: Macron shirts
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 19.25:30   #10-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Macron shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
It’s a tricky one this.

I raised this a year or so ago I think, and Geoff Scott gave an excellent, thorough and fair reply, on RP.

I can’t remember much from before each time I swim round my goldfish bowl LoL.

But I think the gist of it was the level of service to the club is second to none, vs the other manufacturers.

That’s in pricing, availability of replica shirts pre season rather than four months into the season (!), further batches always available on request (which the likes of Nike and Adidas and Umbro were poor on - basically once the initial batch had gone, getting any more was a nightmare), provision of other clothing for the season from macron is a wider range too (coats, rain jackets, training gear, shorts, etc), and I think some other pluses too, of working with Macron, which I can’t remember sorry.

I’m with the other fans here in feeling that some of the macron shirts aren’t so great. I do prefer my old Nike and Adidas replica shirts. Something about the quality of the material, I dunno. And yet I do have other macron gear for a couple of local clubs I have operated at, and those shirts, shorts and coats have aged very well!

Maybe as one of our fans suggested, we might have had an unlucky batch here and there, particularly with regard to the transfers for the Ifor Williams Trailers sponsor on the front. I’m sure the club and IWT themselves will be very disappointed to hear this, as it doesn’t reflect well on the sponsor does it. And let’s face it, IWT have been very good to us.

I’m sure the club will review this situation.

In my experience macron do try very hard to provide a good service, they’ll take the feedback on board, and look, they’ll go again next season! (Sorry, naughty!).

Sorry to hear of people’s bad experience, no one wants this, not the club, the fans, the kids.

I’m sure it will be seriously looked at.

Keep the faith, all. COYR.
Good post - fair and well said.

My son has numerous club shirts - none have posed a problem.

So are the problems others are encountering restricted to the sponsors chest label / sticker ?

To reiterate, my belief is exactly what you have said - Macron meet demand where others have repeatedly failed us.