View Single Post
Old 27th February 2020, 13.41:17   #6-0 (permalink)
EnglishRed
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Changes? What changes???

The problem I have with the common Darlington criticisms is that they seems completely contradictory.

On one hand people blame him for our overly negative tactics. But he was a coach here for some of the time when Wilkin was here, as well as Ricketts and Hughes. It seems to me the defensive tactics are purely a Keates thing. He's criticised for coaching the players in a way that ruins their progression, but he's also criticised for only being here apart time.

It just seems to me that, much like criticism levelled at assistant managers people actually have no clue what impact people like Darlington have or don't have. The same as people who praise him. We have no clue of his impact. He's been part of a coaching staff that has largely failed (because really anything other than promotion can be classed as failure and certainly a failure to challenge for promotion is quite clearly failure)

As pleased as I am that things seem to be getting better on the pitch (my view anyway) and I fully expect us to steer clear of relegation over the next few weeks. We as a fan base mustn't stop questioning the way the clubs been run over the last few seasons. There has to be accountability over a number of poor decisions. And not just managerial appointments, just a lot of the stuff the club has done over the last few seasons require answers.