View Single Post
Old 28th February 2020, 10.49:10   #1070-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: National League Updates 2019/20 Season II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Orrible Ogre View Post
https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/st...996873216?s=20

I see another team that is getting heavily propped up chasing the football league dream, and before anyone says their chairman is setting them up for a fall, the local council own their ground and they don't have any big assets so its not a potential asset strip.
It really surprises me that none of these backers even takes a sniff at us. Half a million on top of our budget you would hope would make us competitive.
What would be the point of a backer / investor ploughing money into us ?
I really think this is the problem despite for repeated calls that we are not seeking investment from beyond the club.
We have no assets to speak of, we rent our decaying one purpose stadium and are about as an attractive proposition as buying a leaking boat - some will cling on to the hope that there is a North Wales businessman who has made it good and has an overwhelming desire for the nostalgia of yesteryear and plough big money into a club with little prospect of any viable return - sadly we are stuck with the leaking boat - lets face it we can't even sort out one big decaying terrace whilst other clubs have brand new grounds - this has gone on longer than we have been in the National League - does the club, the University, the local Council and Welsh Government really care enough to bring about change ?