View Single Post
Old 12th March 2020, 20.29:18   #174-0 (permalink)
Woody
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Direct message to Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh Kiwi View Post
I know it was tongue in cheek Phil, but I'll answer anyway.

To be honest I don't really think a fans political stance needs to come into it. If you think of Wrexham AFC has a broader church then its really made up of people from all walks of life from all backgrounds and from all races, religions, non religions , genders, non binary genders, varied political parties or not etc etc.

Just people who all love our Club. And who don't really like Chester FC or Shrewsbury due to their locality.

Whenever I have done the political compass test and you have to answer honestly which is quite hard in itself then I have always landed exactly on The Dalai Lama.

Am actually currently reading his book The Art Of Happiness with Howard Cutler The Psychologist. I personally think it's more relevant now in 2020 than its ever been in its 20 years of publication and for me its a great read. But it might not be for everyone.

I have offered the WST help in various forms over the years but for one reason or another its never been accepted. Our family has put money into the club which has been accepted.

I don't mind at all as I believe good energy and karma is part of life's force and you can't try to force these things as they need to happen naturally.

So in my own situation it led me to help and become a committee member for the Wrexham DSA . In that process I learned a huge amount about disabled fans and the additional difficulties and challenges they can face when attending a football match. Things non disabled fans often take for granted.

These are the sort of things I believe a fans owned football club should be about. Of course what happens on the pitch is the crucial component but looking after all of our own fans too in the process just seems to make a great deal of sense as a community owned club.

I doubt I would have learned any of this if I had not met WrexhamO who invited me onto the committee along with the late Neil Dobie. A true legend of kindness and compassion and just a great fan of Wrexham AFC and Wales.
Yes great post, liking the positive vibe