View Single Post
Old 19th March 2020, 20.52:44   #62-0 (permalink)
Leighton Red
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Oh so many cup wins...Arsenal has to forever be my number one with my dad and grandad either side of me as a 9 year old sat in the Yale...I’ll take it to my grave! Brum away was super special, as was West Ham away. Middlesbrough at home and West Ham at home in the snow!! Got to add Wembley and Cardiff victories in cup finals..a few Wembley lows offset it though. Brentford away was magic. Going 1-0 up at Old Trafford...

Luton away when we lost but the chant of ‘We’re proud of you!’ just made the hairs stand up and was more emotional than most games I’ve ever witnessed. It was a true ‘I’m Wrexham til I die’ moment due to the camaraderie on display and the true love and dedication for a team.

The day I was a ball boy at Cae Ras having not expected it when I arrived at the ground for a league game vs Rotherham when we had a wooden stand on the Mold Road...the roar when we scored was immense at pitch level, again hairs on end. Getting the ball from behind the cladding just seemed strange as the old stand was still there and it felt so spooky to see such a wonderful piece of our history empty when the game was going on.

The day we almost disappeared from existence and kids with piggy banks and deeds to properties turned up to aid the cause. Only Wrexham fans would manage what we did that day...proven by Bury recently (very sadly I add!).

Thanks for setting up this thread...needed to be reminded of the good times!!