View Single Post
Old 19th March 2020, 21.03:35   #63-0 (permalink)
The Method Maws
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Favourite Positive Moment as a Wrexham Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Vivid memories of that match as we were losing 1 - 2.
During the game we had every type of weather imaginable.
I was on the Kop and it was if an electric switch was flicked - the weather blew up, wind was howling and we were kicking towards the kop - as though the Gods were willing us to win and so we did with 2 goals.
It was a massive game at the time as we were running neck and neck for bottom spot and relegation - think ex Ipswich Town and England full back Mick Mills was the manager of Colchester United at the time.

Also whilst talking about Colchester - the season we gained promotion mid week by winning 0 - 2 at Northampton - the following Saturday we played our final league game at home to Colchester - nearly 10,000 there to see us win in an enthralling match 4 - 3 with a late Steve Watkin winner in the kop end.
Colour, scarves, ticker tape - game played in an electric atmosphere and on the pitch at the final whistle in our thousands.

We truly did have some magical times under the reign of Brian Flynn.
Great post mate! A forgotten classic.

Very big gate at the time 4600.

It was the lull after the Dixie Leyton Orient play off defeat when we were getting 2000 tops. Bad times.

The start of the Flynn rebuild.

Every generation has their special moments.

I never saw the classic 70/80s teams people rave about. Old Div 2, European nights and Jim Steel 😀

But I saw the Leyton Orient play off game. Saw the fa cup antics and a promotion to old div 3 and Ian rush debut. And Lyngby, our Porto 😬

The next generation just know the fallout from the Hamilton, M0ss era.

Still some good memories tho.

Staying up v Boston
Getting Wrexham conference tour t shirts 13 years ago. Won 5-1.
Fa trophy. Both games memorable 😬
98 point season team
That vose goal.
Stoke
Salford

We will be back