View Single Post
Old 27th March 2020, 22.46:28   #106-0 (permalink)
ozzy red
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

I think if all teams survive the break we should rank all teams based on where they finish based on PPG.

Keep relegation and promotion numbers as per agreement at start of this season and also promote highest ranked team in a playoff position.

BUT:

If teams go broke and I think many will, we need to seriously readjust.
This is where the problem will be (Bury is just the start).

If this occurs, rank all teams on PPG and simply put them into divisions based on final positions this season.
I don't think it will take much to bankrupt 10 or more teams in the Football league and many more in the lower leagues.

This could get very interesting. Wrexham could actually benefit from the sound financial position it is in and theoretically actually end up in the footbal league (just need 18 clubs to fold). Im betting 17 will fold

Failed clubs could restart as AFC clubs in the lowest Pyramid leagues and work their way back.

Don't underestimate the impact of what we are going through....

In Australia our AFL, Rugby League and Football leagues are all suspended with players taking up to 90% pay cuts. And some clubs still expected to go broke. Sponsorships are being cut as is TV money. These are very interesting times.