View Single Post
Old 31st March 2020, 21.35:15   #186-0 (permalink)
Haruki
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
As I have said before it has to be abandon the season completely. Rewriting the rule book and adopting for instance points per game is going to come up with just as many threats of legal action as ending it prematurely. I cant see any legal proceedings winning in the courts and even if they did many/ most clubs would be in a good financial position to pay any damages. I can honestly see the first return to football being behind closed doors and free to air so that millions of people still staying at home can watch it. Friendly games between the Premier League teams most likely. Goodness knows when though.
I’m sick of saying the same thing but no one can answer me as to why you would start a new season before finishing this one? It makes no sense at all and sets us up for years of legal challenges and arguments. Finish the season when safe to do so and then whatever time that takes us to will force out a decision on whether next season needs to be adjusted somehow but at least that would be known upfront and therefore fair to all.