View Single Post
Old 1st April 2020, 01.20:46   #189-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: Decision on finishing the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Excellent post no guarantee of this virus not going on for a year or more nobody knows in truth because it's a new virus and a lot of businesses including football clubs will go to the wall in the leagues above not just our league and below... Football when it does eventually re-start is going to become changed forever, those that survive in the leagues outside the Premier may have to form new league's with the surviving clubs, infact expect some Premier clubs like Bournemouth Brighton etc to struggle to, the rich clubs backers will have lost millions with what will be a recession not seen since the second World War.

Football should be forgotten about now the world is suffering.

One bright spot with humanity confined to their homes Nature is starting to heal the damage done by the overpopulated humans destroying it. Air pollution in cities and towns is tumbling already, which is a major cause of COPD, rivers are clearing.

It's a lesson for mankind that we cannot keep on blindly ignoring our environment.

Stay safe everyone.
Posted via mobile theme

JND, thank you. I resonate with this bold bit in this post more than any other words of yours I have read over many years on RP. I have agreed with some posts and disagreed with others. As am sure you have done with mine!

Football is a religion to many. You take someone's religion away and people start to feel depressed, anxious and at a loss.

In that sense I feel football remains very important in our social community. It affects a lot of people and their loved ones. Even those who don't like football.

Of course there is the classic Shankly quote regarding football and life and death. That was taken a bit out of context I feel.

I do agree that football has to take somewhat of a back step while the fall out is understood by the masses. Because it has still not been understood yet. It is a evolving story each day.

I agree nature is our solution.

We have disregarded her for too long. Sucked her finite resources up and thrown them into the refuse bin.

The world needs to listen, to love and to then heal.

It's going to take a long time.

We (all on red passion) are going to need to help one another, because though we love our club with all our hearts, we can't expect the club to help us. The club are actually going to be expecting us to help them.

We all have families and loved ones. We all need income to buy food and pay the rent or the mortgage or whatever else we feel we need. Our basics our shelter, food and health. The rest (including football) are our wants. B

But football does provide positive mental wellbeing for many. Even those who feel this season has created mental pain (it clearly did) we still need it to have football in our lives as something that has always been there that we always cling on to.

I personally feel as a community rather than debating wether or how this season is going to unfold. (I think it's obvious it will have to be cancelled if it hasn't already) We should be trying to figure out how we can all help one another. As a community by sharing our knowledge and needs.

Due to the severity of the situation unfolding don't think this is an Off Topic conversation.

Perhaps Red Passion should create a fundraiser for the Red Passion community?

To put ourselves first as a loving community and help one another.

As self employed person, I don't have great funds but I do have enough to help. Am happy to put in £100 to start if anyone (Rob ? can help to set it up )

It's just a thought.