View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2020, 01.31:33   #24-0 (permalink)
Welsh Kiwi
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: A red seat, not a blue one
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

northwalian dragon,

The only reason I won't be signing this is because it is demanding the resignation of 2 specific directors on the club board by naming them.

From my own perspective I never make issues or desire for change personal in that sense, as I don't think its a helpful strategy for any organisation, club or community.

I would have signed it, if it encouraged the board to understand the swell of opinion and simply make the changes themselves (allowing for some voluntary resignations if the board collectively perceived and agreed that was required) Which would require some humility as well as the process to identify others who would be capable, able and willing to replace them, through the WST process, which appoints members to the club board. And perhaps the WST members should be able to vote on who should be on the club board, in the same way they vote on who should be on the WST board. Personally I find the current structure of two boards confusing and at the root of many of the problems we have witnessed during our sad demise to the foot of the table this season. PD has touched on this structure issue himself and raised some good suggestions. I met Dave Boyle 10 years ago when he was chief exec of Supporters Direct (now disbanded) and I found him a very clever and nice bloke, but I do wonder about the SD board structure that was recommend to the WST. I particularly loved Brian Lomax who had founded the first ever fans trust at Northampton. I photographed Brian six months before he sadly died for a book I am creating called FANDOM.
Brian had a theology degree from Cambridge University. He was an incredible man and when he stepped down, Dave cried when giving him a lifetime award on the stage.

Our club board does need to listen and to see the benefit of making some important changes, that as far as I can see, are outlined in your very good letter, with good intentions, that is seeking to unite the fanbase that is currently divided and which also divides the club board from the fans.