View Single Post
Old 24th April 2020, 19.56:22   #43-0 (permalink)
Red_Jackoisback
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: DEMAND CHANGE. An Open Letter Back to the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Certainly - there are many fans that have quite simply lost interest which was inconceivable to me just a short while ago.

Just today I was speaking to a former die hard fan who would go on his own to the likes of Torquay and Bournemouth. He stopped even coming to the Racecourse this season.

Another who has followed the club home and away for almost 40 years without question, good form or bad, who has refused to come back.

There are many people that I know personally and many people that have expressed the same views on social media and forums that they have lost their passion for Wrexham AFC. I honestly never thought I would see that from our fan base.

If you are not feeling that you have lost the club you fell in love with then great! But sadly many, myself included, have. Wrexham AFC was the fearless club. That would stick its chest out and fancy it’s chances against anyone be it Arsenal, Porto, Newcastle, Tottenham, Alex Hamilton, Geoff Moss, Steven Vaughan etc. We had pride in our team win lose or draw, yes we moaned amongst ourselves at times but we’d always be back next week with our hearts on our sleeves ready to blast our songs from the terraces. The Racecourse is now a library, the fans are left without any hope watching the worst style of football we’ve ever witnessed whilst battling it out with the likes of Ebbsfleet and Maidenhead in the lowest positions we’ve ever been in. I truly am delighted that you haven’t lost your passion for the club but many have.

The “constant crap” is fans voicing their genuine concerns. If a wealthy benefactor came in and wasted £1.875 million of the clubs money, make bonkers footballing decisions, treated the fans with contempt, disregarded our disabled supporters, banned the DSA and saw us not just continually fail, but go backwards, year after year for almost a decade then yes they would be facing the same criticisms.

This is not just about a “bad run of results”. To summarise it as that is disrespectful

Please do remain passionate about Wrexham AFC though, we need more people to regain their passion that you still have - and that’s why this open letter hopes to achieve
ND I respect your response and understand your point. I maybe misconstrued who you were saying were apathetic - stay away fans and people who are disillusioned - fair enough. It just boils my piss when others say thst in effect its people like me that just want to turn up and watch as game.