View Single Post
Old 12th May 2020, 07.59:26   #30-0 (permalink)
KingBuxton_Forever red

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Statement: Retained list postponed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
Not trying to pick a argument but just out of interest who would you see as "someone popular". I honestly can't think of any prospective manager who would achieve this. Whoever was appointed we would have the usual comments about cheap option, ex player, never succeeded elsewhere, no contacts in the game, doesn't know this league etc etc.

When you think of the recent appointments we have covered every option (I think). I would like a manager like John Neal when he first took over but tell me who would meet that criteria and would "we fans" ever give someone the time to develop.
I think that's a fair point - Who would be popular? I seem to remember Ricketts and Mills were well received here, and we all know how the latter panned out.

I think the point I was making was that appointing Keates was probably one of the most unpopular decisions we could have. To most fans he was a known quantity, boring football and he walked out on us at a vital time in the season (and the season then fell to bits.)

I think getting rid would go a long way towards winning some fans back over, and appointing someone that is a breath of fresh air. I go back to Ricketts, he came across as just that.