Thread: depressed
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2020, 10.07:22   #49-0 (permalink)
Hometown Unicorn
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: depressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
This is a really good question, thanks for raising it, Wirral.

I suppose it's a matter of trust. There have been numerous people, like terrytactics above, who've posted about offers of volunteering being turned down or not responded to. I can't speak for each and every one of those people, of course, and I'm totally prepared to believe I may have missed something on one of them, perhaps, but as far as I'm aware none of them have any history of being shown to be dishonest.

On the other hand, as the club board mostly sit on the WST board, I'm sure they were aware of the WST claim last week that "We have been made aware of a further Directors loan made by former Chief Executive Don Bircham. This was made by Mr Bircham as the result of a cash flow issue in May 2015. This related to a late payment to the club that season.

Mr Bircham paid the money into our account at the beginning of May and was paid back before the end of the month. The two transactions cancelled each other out and were not picked up at the time."

Don, again not someone with any history of dishonesty as far as I'm aware, has clarified "The loans were made with the support and knowledge of the football board", and that there were actually three loans. To me, it certainly seems the board have lied as recently as last week.

Bearing this in mind, who would you trust?
I have not had a message off WR. Shame.