View Single Post
Old 14th May 2020, 16.48:32   #43-0 (permalink)
KM Red
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will football survive Covid-19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Nope you said we were owners. We are not. Glad you've come round though.
Used to think fan ownership was the way but now I don't think it can work. I may be wrong but our model is utterly flawed in its current form. Not enough fans buy into it and not enough vote on resolutions and that won't change. Your average everyday fans just wants to watch games.

Fans who think that all private owners are crooks need to look at nearly every other league club and have a rethink.

The evidence is that private ownership is by far the most successful way. 50/50 might work too. I'm open to anything bar carrying on as we are.
Some meaningful debate at last.

AFC Wimbledon and Exeter City both supporter owned. Got promoted back to the League with a fan base smaller than ours. Both well run by an excellent Chief Executive.

There are more crooks out there than you think and as Henry 8 points out Chester nearly got another one. You have to factor in owners who use company money to fund a club and then go down the pan when the company flounders. A number of owners put money in against the land value of the stadium so they are to be avoided as well ! Genuine fans with a enough money to buy and fund a football club are thin on the ground imo.

I still think most of your issues are about how well run we are given your reply. That can be changed without selling to someone who does not care about the club as much as you do. A decent CEO would be a great start.